Meeting with Polderland 17.3.2009
- Peter Beinema
- Sjur Moshagen
- Since last time
- Bug status
- Priority list
- Next meeting
Since last time
- InDesign Windows/Mac installer: NOT sent, will be sent (indesign Mac installer was not finished yet, I misunderstood)
- South Sami: most stuff completed. Work on installers started.
- working simultaneously on all versions, +/-, aim to complete complicated ones first (Office 2004 Mac, Indesign).
- new stuff: Nullsoft installers: seem to be exactly what we want BUT: there is some functionality pre-defined in installshield that has to do with 'subscribing' to office applications. Not clear how to do that in NSIS yet. The 'subscription' functionality is the reason we picked InstallShield years ago (or so I'm told) - for the rest, it is a quite horrible product.
- bugs: analysis on lexical bugs ongoing, will send all results when complete (expected today or tomorrow). Request by Frank: more clarity about versions used & examples of what goes wrong. - Ok. - Did not check in detail if the information was unusable (can't imagine that). - :) Counterrequest: if the information is too coarse for debugging, please ask for more details in our bugtracker - that way the responsible developer will see it right away, and we don't risk me forgetting about it. If more people at Polderland need an account in Bugzilla, that is no problem.
- Adobe contacted on CS4, waiting for reply
- openOffice: quote for north/lule/south * win/mac/linux was sent.
- M&S - waiting for a response from Polderland
- South Sámi offer: answer received regarding formalities, contract should be ready for signature shortly
- first meeting regarding HFST-based proofing tools held. We will be writing a new proofing library specification. You will be invited to provide feedback.
- quote for OpenOffice tools received
Nothing new since last time.
To be solved/investigated by Divvun
|621||xxx||other hyphenator bugs. PB: not as much incorrect as well as weird-looking.|
|630||xxx||Word (prefix) with hyphen is rejected - and suggested|
|652||xxx||UPPERCASE-typos only get acronym-suggestions: VARI -> no sugg, vARI -> VÁRI as sugg; consequence of the sugg. mechanism, unresolvable|
|581||xxx||consonant doubling => actual problem is suggestions with hyphens (split compound type); these can be blocked as suggestions, and thus be removed (they would still be recognised, though)|
hard hyphen replaced with soft, see latest test results- since this was fixed earlier, and the hyphenation binary has not changed since then, we should investigate this first to see if we produce illegal PLX entries.
Under investigation by Polderland
|595||xxx||problem with prefix containing hyphens|
|603||xxx||suffix is accepted in the middle of a word|
|613||xxx||speller does not accept 'Ga' tagged word as 2nd part|
|670||xxx||Hard hyphen replaced by soft hyphen. Regression? Check for v. 1.1|
|679||xxx||Discretionary/soft hyphen not respected - repaired, repaired code to be dropped|
- installers for InDesign (CS3 Mac + Win)
- bug reports
- CS4 debug SDK version => CS4 version
- nullsoft installer
- South Sami
Next meeting (Tue 24.3.) at 10.00 Dutch/Norwegian time.