Meeting with Polderland 25.3.2008
- Peter Beinema
- Sjur Moshagen
- Since last time
- Possible issues
- Next meeting
- Todo items for the next meeting
Since last time
- Help line with Adobe is problematic. Have a ticket number, but somehow we are
not referred to the techie that will help us.
In stead, they want us to re-order a ticket.
We sent a really angry E-mail last friday.
Will probably be solved in the next couple of days.
- Bug 670 solved.
- A in some situations a hard hyphen was not seen as hyphen position;
- B words with digits were not handled correctly in command line hyphenator
dropped for both Lule and North S.
- also, version number adjusted
- Microsoft has agreed to supply Office 2008 for the Mac, waiting for arrival
(might take some time) (... tick ...)
||mid-syllable hyphenation - duostan
||double hyphenation in compounds -> feature of the command line hyphenator; Koskivuori-plánenreaiddut still not hyphenated correctly
||hard hyphen replaced with soft hyphen -> hard-hyphen not recognized as syllable boundary - repro, error
To be solved/investigated by Divvun
||other hyphenator bugs. PB: not as much incorrect as well as weird-looking.
||Hyphen in front of final consonant
||UPPERCASE-typos only get acronym-suggestions: VARI -> no sugg, vARI -> VÁRI as sugg; consequence of the sugg. mechanism, unresolvable
Under investigation by Polderland
||missing hyphens at word boundaries - noaiderumbbuid (accepted by speller) - solved in command-line tool, updates to Office and InDesign not yet delivered
||Word (prefix) with hyphen is rejected - and suggested
||borgguhan-gihppagis gets the hyphen on the next line - SOLVED; update not delivered
||User word list "gets full" (as reported by users): repro only if millions of words are added, but related to memory. Word gets very slow if the list goes over 100 000 words or so. This is in Office 11 (2003). In Office 12 (2007) the user dictionary is managed entirely by Word. -> feedback from users on version, tests for office 2007 by Polderland.
- bug fixes: update command line version as well (as reported by --version)
- remaining indesign speller custom dictionary issue (Adobe help activated)
- Proofing tools for Microsoft Office 2008 / Mac *** check locale issues
- Check possible size of custom dictionary in office 2007/windows
- InDesign proofing tools for Windows *** PENDING
Next week (1.4.) at 9.30 Dutch/Norwegian time.